martes, 26 de julio de 2016

REVIEW: Wayward and The Wicked + The Divine


Following with some recommendations I bought these two comics and I must say that both looked like great stories. They have a lot of themes or elements I love... Japan, gods, mythology, adventures...and in general I enjoy both volumes and will read the second ones 😀
  • Wayward Vol I
COMIC - URBAN FANTASY - ZUB, CUMMINGS & RAUCH - IMAGE COMICS  

Rori Lane is trying to start a new life when she reunites with her mother in Japan, but ancient creatures lurking in the shadows of Tokyo sense something hidden deep within her, threatening everything she holds dear. Can Rori unlock the secrets of her power before it's too late?






What I really like about Wayward is the way they treat Japan. Normally, all that I've read or watch based in Japan looked like Japan was a fairyland, somewhere that would be great to visit but does not exist, like if you want to travel to Westeros or the Middle Earth. But Japan is real, exists and has been great to see that was treated properly. A real place, a real city. Also, was great the way the mixed the folklore and the myths.

Rory moves to Tokyo to live with her mother and she has not a great relationship with her father at the moment. Since she arrived, she saw things that shouldn't be real and got involve in a fight. After that, she met a group of people with special abilities and they will try to defeat the evil forces.
In general, I have enjoyed this reading but was something missing there to make it a top one.

⭐️⭐️⭐️💫
(Really is a 3,75/5)


  • The Wicked + The Divine Vol I:
COMIC - FANTASY - GILLEN & MCKELVIE - IMAGE COMICS  
Every ninety years, twelve gods incarnate as humans. They are loved. They are hated. In two years, they are dead. The team behind critical tongue-attractors like Young Avengers and PHONOGRAM reunite to create a world where gods are the ultimate pop stars and pop stars are the ultimate gods. But remember: just because you’re immortal, doesn’t mean you’re going to live forever.





This one has been a bit of a disappointment. The story looks so cool at first. Every 90 years, 12 gods come back to Earth to live there for 2 years. How cool is that? I think the premise looks brilliant but once you're reading it...is not that cool.
Was hard to follow the story at times, found myself a bit lost and thinking that I have some pages missing or I skip part of the story by mistake. Even though, I want to read the second volume because the end is very unexpected and I want to know what happen next but, if I'm honest, won't be a priority in my TBR.

⭐️⭐️⭐️


Lots of love,
Angela xx

1 comentario: